To : All PhD students who entered in Fall semester (except for those entered in Spring semester)
Subject: Research Performance Evaluation System for PhD Students
PhD students who entered in Fall semester must submit the Research Performance Evaluation to the EE Office by 2015. 7. 31 (Fri)
Research Performance Evaluation System (RPES) for Doctoral Students
1. Purpose of RPES
- The performance evaluation system is to review and assess the candidate’s progress and development, and to provide academic support.
2. Process of RPES
① Evaluation Period
- The Research Accomplishment Evaluation System for Doctoral Students is conducted twice a year.
Where to submit
July. 3(Fri) - 31(Fri), 2015
EE Administrative Office
in May, 2016
② Applicable students
- This time a doctoral student who entered in Fall semester is subject to the research performance evaluations
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th year doctoral students (Research Performance and GPA evaluation)
- Nth year (i.e. 5th year or more) doctoral students (Graduation Postponement Evaluation)
- This includes part-time, full-time, special program, and international students.
- For those taking master/doctoral-integrated program, this regulation will be effective upon your enrollment into a PhD program.
- Research Accomplishment Evaluation System for Doctoral Student is supposed to take effect from July, 2007.
- Master students are excluded from the RPES.
③ Documents for submission
- Spring and Fall semester students should submit “Accomplishment Evaluation(#attached below)” and “Supplementary Documents(#attached below)” to the department by the beginning of January and July, respectively, every year.
④ Lists of the Research Performance Evaluation and Standards
- Refer to the attached file of “Research Performance Evaluation Lists and Standards with respect to the Doctoral Year”.
⑤ Disqualified Students from Research Performance Evaluation
- For 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th year doctoral students, “Letter of Evaluation Results” will be sent to those, who are disqualified from the evaluation, and their professors.
- Nth year doctoral students will be given a “Warning Letter of Graduation Postponement”
- “Doctoral students whose GPA is under 2.5/4.3 will be sent a Warning Letter.
⑥ Notice of the Research Accomplishment Evaluation Results
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th year doctoral students are informed of the total score distribution of every corresponding students’ research accomplishment during the semester, both the score and the rank (%) of their own research accomplishment.
⑦ Annual Honor Roll Awards
- Respective students, whose research performance evaluation results meet the following conditions, will receive an “Annual Honor Roll Award”:
• 1st year doctoral students with 100 points or more
• 2nd year doctoral students with 110 points or more
• 3rd year doctoral students with 120 points or more
• 4th year doctoral students with 130 points or more.
Point of Evaluation
① If not the 1st author
② Paper submitted ㉮
③ Applied Patent ㉯
1. ㉮Paper Submitted ㉯Applied Patent: The evaluation score is subject to change.
2. The accumulated score from Master’s courses is to be comprised in the
3. International Patent: The multi-registered patent will be recognized as one patent.
4. Only one score of the paper, either the submitted or the published, will be awarded.
Less than 30 additional points can be awarded.
Standards of Successful Candidate with respect to the Doctoral Years
Year of Doctoral Student
1 Year Doctoral Student
Over 30 Points
2 Year Doctoral Student
Over 50 Points
3 Year Doctoral Student
Over 70 Points
4 Year Doctoral Student
Over 90 Points