School of Electrical Engineering KAIST
The School of Electrical Engineering at KAIST https://ee.kaist.ac.kr/ invites applications for approved tenure and tenure-track faculty appointments at the Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor level in the broadly defined field of electrical and computer engineering. Rank will be determined based on qualification and experience. Applicants have the option of starting in either September 1, 2018 or March 1, 2019.
The school is especially interested in candidates in the following areas :
- Artificial intelligence: machine learning, optimization and data science,
- Computer engineering: computer systems, networks, security, algorithms, theories,
- All areas of circuits and system design, including analog, digital, mixed-signal, RF, wireline, wireless, biomedical, design methodology and others.
- Flexible/Stretchable electronics, AI devices, Energy Devices, Bio/Medical devices,
- Electromagnetic/RF systems, photonics, Quantum Information
- Interdisciplinary areas such as autonomous driving, robotics, cyber-physical systems and human-computer interaction
- Wireless Communications: IoT and cyber physical networks
Priority, however, will be given to the overall originality and promise of the candidate’s work over any specific area of specialization.
Applicants are required to have an earned (or expected to receive within one year of appointment) Ph.D. or equivalent degree requirements, evidence of the ability to pursue an independent program of research, a strong commitment to both graduate and undergraduate teaching, and the ability to initiate and conduct research across disciplines. A successful candidate will be expected to teach courses at the graduate and undergraduate levels and to build and lead a team of graduate students in Ph.D. research. Financial and in-kind resources are available to pursue activities that help accelerate our efforts to achieve our equity and inclusion goals, with the full backing of the College
Applications should include a brief research and teaching plan, a detailed resume including a publications list, and the names and email addresses of at least three references. Additional recommendation letters may be solicited by the department for tenured-level finalists during the final stage of the recruitment process. Candidates may also submit an optional cover letter.
Candidates should apply online by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
The review of applications will begin on April 1, 2018, and applicants are strongly encouraged to submit complete applications by that date for full consideration; however, applications will continue to be accepted through August 31, 2018.
KAIST is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women and non-Koreans are especially encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.