KAIST Educational Program for Semiconductor Industry
KAIST Educational Program for Semiconductor Industry (KEPSI) is a tailor-made industrial education program founded in 1996 for students in the field of semiconductors. Through this program, the chance of an internship at SK Hynix is provided to gain industry experience and will provide an adaptive course set to train specialists in the field.
- Available Programs : Master’s, Pd.D., and integrated M.S./Ph.D. programs.
- Available Departments : School of Electrical Engineering, School of Computing, Department of Physics, Department of Chemistry, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Applicant Requirements : Same as the KAIST Scholarship requirements (However, there must not be grounds for disqualification for the employment into SK Hynix)
※ Priority selection to women and those who have completed military service
- How to Apply : Apply as a “KEPSI-KAIST” student when applying for a graduate program
- Application Schedule : Same schedule applies as that for the KAIST graduate school application.
*Refer to KAIST Admissions for more information
- Tuition paid in full
- Lab Assignment : Priority assignment into KEPSI research fields
- Research Funding : Equivalent to that of the Government-sponsored Scholarship, given to the associated lab
- Monthly scholarship funding (※ Funded separately by the affiliated company)
- International Conference Registration Funding: (Master’s: 1 time, Ph.D.: 2 times)
- Guaranteed employment to the affiliated company (mandatory employment for 2 times the duration of the degree program)
The graduation requirements of the department still applies, however, due to the nature of the program, required that one takes the course, “MS696 Special Topics in Advanced Materials I
- Research Fields: Semiconductor materials, manufacturing processes, circuits, and related software
- Degree Programs: M.S. and Ph.D.
- Major Courses: Required coursework
|Course Code||Course Name||Lecture:Lab:Credit (Homework)||Department||Offered Semester|
|MS696||Special Topics in Advanced Materials||3:0:3(3)||Department of Materials Science and Engineering||Fall|
Number of Affiliated Professors (May 2016)
- School of Electrical Engineering / 54
- School of Computing / 7
- Department of Physics / 12
- Department of Chemistry / 9
- Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering / 8
- Department of Materials Science and Engineering / 24
Tel. : 042-350-8585