LGenius is a cooperative program between academia and industry established to assist specialists in the display field to combine theory and practice through customized selection and training courses provided by KAIST and LG Display (Ltd). LGenius will provide students with opportunities to gain practical work experience through internships. This program's aim is to jointly train exceptional human resources in a variety of interdisciplinary fields, providing the knowledge and skills needed to the supplement the excellent education provided at KAIST.
- Participating Departments : School of Electrical Engineering, Department of Physics, Department of Chemistry, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Department of Materials Science and Engineering
Education and Research Areas
- Research Areas: Devices, materials, manufacturing processes, circuits, and equipment related to display technologies
- LCD, LED, OLED, 3D, flexible, and transparent displays
- Display devices, materials, manufacturing processes, design, circuits, and image processing
- Coursework : The graduation requirements of the department still applies, however one more course is required. Also, an M.S./Ph.D. internship must be completed.
|Course Code||Course Name||Department||Offered Semester|
|EE563||Display Engineering||School of Electrical Engineering||Spring|
Benefits and Requirements
- Tuition paid in full
- Lab Assignment : Priority assignment into display related research fields
- Research Funding : Equivalent to that of the Government-sponsored Scholarship, given to the associated lab
- Monthly scholarship funding (※ Funded separately by the affiliated company)
- Guaranteed employment to the affiliated company
- Mandatory employment at the company after the degree program
- Available Programs : Master’s, Pd.D., and integrated M.S./Ph.D. programs.
- Available Departments : School of Electrical Engineering, Department of Physics, Department of Chemistry, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Applicant Requirements : Same as the KAIST Scholarship requirements (M.S. candidates who have not completed military service can apply)
- How to Apply : Apply as a “LGenius-KAIST” student when applying for a graduate program
- Application Schedule : Same schedule applies as that for the KAIST graduate school application.
※M.S. candidates who have not completed military service must attend a job interview at LG Display (notifications are sent out separately)
*Refer to KAIST Admissions for more information
Affiliated Company and Professors
Affiliated Company : LG Display
Affiliated Professor (May 2016)
- School of Electrical Engineering / 40
- Department of Physics / 5
- Department of Chemistry / 10
- Department of Mechanical Engineering / 19
- Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering / 8
- Department of Materials Science and Engineering / 20
LGenius Headquarters : (042) 350 - 8584 , Fax (042)350 - 8580