The MSRA Fellowship Program aims to build the next generation of research leaders with a unique program offering a combination of scholarship, mentorship, research, networking and academic opportunities to promising young candidates. Moreover, Fellows and their advisors could enjoy long-term close engagement with Microsoft Research Asia, one of the leading computer science research labs in the world. Please visit the program homepage to learn more about it and read the feedbacks from previous recipients of the fellowship.
This year, the MSRA Fellowship program would accept direct applications from individual PhD students with their advisors’ strong recommendation. We sincerely hope that as EE School Chair, you could kindly disseminate our Invitation for Application attached to faculty and PhD students of your school via website, email, or other effective approaches, and encourage eligible students to apply. We really appreciate your big support for MSRA Fellowship program 2018!
Below is some information about this MSRA Fellowship 2018
Provisions of the award
· Cash awards of $10,000 USD
· Guaranteed, but not required three-month internship at Microsoft Research Asia.
· Opportunity for intensive and individualized mentorship programs with a dedicated senior researcher to help facilitate research until graduation.
· Opportunity to attend Microsoft academic conferences in computer science in the Asia-Pacific region.
· At the discretion of Microsoft Research Asia, advisors of fellows might be invited to participate in collaborative research projects and academic exchange events.
· Applicants must attend a university in Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Mainland China, Singapore, or Taiwan, and doing research work that relates to computing topics in which Microsoft Research has expertise.
· According to the definition of the normative period of PhD program of the applicants’ university and region, the applicant must still be in eligible PhD program until spring semester of 2020. The applicants and their advisors would be asked for supporting documents if needed.
· Multiple applicants from one supervisor will not be considered for acceptance.
· Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Committee owns the final interpretation of above clauses.
How to apply
· The 2018 Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship application period closes on June 29, 2018
· PhD students must apply directly for the scholarship via online application tool
· Materials required: 1) application form; 2) Curriculum vitae; 3) Research Statement; 4) At least two letters of reference.
For more detailed requirements on “How to Apply”, and more information on Eligibility criteria, Award provisions, and Program timeline, please kindly visit 2018 MSRA Fellowship homepage: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/academic-program/fellowships-microsoft-research-asia/
We sincerely look forward to application from your PhD student. Thank you for your big support!
Should you have any questions, please kindly contact me or program committee via email (email@example.com).