EE Co-op Program (Field Training and Education Program)
A program that performs practically meaningful fieldwork such as short-term project while working in a company for 6 months, in the 3rd to 4th year of the undergraduate program
- To provide opportunities to outstanding undergraduate students to learn practical engineering skills in an earlier stage of career, and ultimately to educate successful future business entrepreneurs
Structure of the Program
- Conducting individual research of 2 months in the lab related to pre-assigned task during the Summer/Winter session to supplement courses missed during the field training and to provide the knowledge required in the field
- Tuition and research book purchase fee are supported during individual research
- Conducting a 6-month project during a regular semester and a Summer/Winter session
- Work in the company, 6-month basis (Regular semester and Summer/Winter session)
- Up to 1 year during enrollment period (Study – Work alternately)
- 3rd or 4th year in the undergraduate program
- Students can apply from 3rd year, 2nd semester (Estimated credits above 69 credits)
- Graduation semester students are not eligible
- Students who already completed dispatch without leave of absence 2times are not eligible
- After completing the 6-month program, 9 credits will be recognized after evaluation
- Recognized as: Substitution to EE405 (3) / B.S Thesis Research (3) / Elective (3)
- Only 3 credits (Elective) are recognized for the 2nd time participants.
Application and the Required Documents
- Required Documents: Application for EE Co-op / Transcript
- Application Period: A separate announcement will be made.
- Briefing session: Mar./Sep.
- Application submission: Oct.~Nov. of the previous year for spring semester dispatch/Apr.~May of the year for fall semester dispatch
- Documentation review and individual interview
- Company-Student matching
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Myeong Joo at EE Department office)