AI in EE

AI IN DIVISIONS

AI in Circuit Division

AI in EE

AI IN DIVISIONS

AI in Circuit Division ​

AI in Circuit Division

Wonjae Lee, Yonghwi Kwon, and Youngsoo Shin, “Fast ECO leakage optimization using graph convolutional network”, Proc. Great Lakes Symp. on VLSI (GLSVLSI), Sep. 2020.

At the very late design stage, engineering change order (ECO) leakage optimization is often performed to swap some cells for the ones with lower leakage, e.g. the cells with higher threshold voltage (Vth) or with longer gate length. It is very effective but time consuming due to iterative nature of swap and timing check with correction. We introduce a graph convolutional network (GCN) for quick ECO leakage optimization. GCN receives a number of input parameters that model the current timing information of a netlist as well as the connectivity of the cells in a form of a weighted connectivity matrix. Once it is trained, GCN predicts exact Vth (with Vth given by commercial ECO leakage optimization as a reference) of 83% of cells, on average of test circuits. The remaining 17% of cells are responsible for some negative timing slack. To correct such timing as well as to remove any minimum implant width (MIW) violations, we propose a heuristic Vth reassignment. The combined GCN and heuristic achieve 52% reduction of leakage, which can be compared to 61% reduction from commercial ECO, but with less than half of runtime.

 

 

Copyright ⓒ 2015 KAIST Electrical Engineering. All rights reserved. Made by PRESSCAT

Copyright ⓒ 2015 KAIST Electrical Engineering. All rights reserved. Made by PRESSCAT

34141 대전광역시 유성구 대학로 291
한국과학기술원(KAIST)
Tel. 042-350-3411   Fax. 042-350-3410

Copyright ⓒ 2015 KAIST Electrical
Engineering. All rights reserved.

Made by PRESSCAT