To undergraduate, MS and PhD students in the EE department.
This is an announcement for 2017 Young-Han Kim Global Leader Scholarship. If you are interested in, please submit the relevant documents to the department office (MiSun Yoo, email@example.com) by Nov. 22nd (Tue).
(1) Number of students recommended by the department: 1 student for each undergraduate, MS and PhD courses
(2) How to Apply:
– Please complete the attached application forms, get a signature from the academic advisor and submit the original forms to the department office.
– Recommendation letter from the Department Chair (MS and PhD students only): A signature of the Department Chair is not required.
Announcement for Young-Han Kim Global Leader Scholarship
This is an announcement for 2017 ‘Young-Han Kim Global Leader Scholarship’.
= Below =
1. Number of Offer: 8 students
o Undergraduate: 4 students, MS: 2 students, PhD: 2 students
2. Amount of Scholarship
o 4,000,000 KRW/Year (2,000,000 KRW/Semester)
o Duration : 2 years for undergraduate and PhD students, 1 year for MS students
(If a student in the integrated MS/PhD course started PhD program, the scholarship will not be awarded even if the scholarship was awarded less than a year during the MS program)
3. Scholarship Continuation Requirements: The selected students need to meet the following academic achievement requirements.
o Undergraduate: 12 credits/GPA 3.7 or above in the preceding semester
o MS/PhD: 9 credits/GPA 3.7 or above in the preceding semester
※ In case that there is no GPA in the preceding semester, the cumulative GPA will be considered and there should no fail (‘U’) in the preceding semester.
※ If there are academic changes (leave of absence, dropout, expulsion, early graduation) or any other academic disciplinary actions during the scholarship period, the scholarship will not be continued.
o Undergraduate: Students who entered in 2015, have earned at least 45 credits by 2016 Spring semester, have achieved a GPA of at least 3.9, and have been recommended by an academic advisor.
o MS/PhD: 1st year students (National Scholarship) who have achieved a GPA of at least 3.9 in 2016 Spring semester, and have been recommended by an academic advisor and a department chair. (1 MS and 1 PhD students can be recommended from each department)
※ Exceptions: Students receiving Presidential Science Scholarship, Natural Sciences & Engineering Scholarship, Samsung Scholarship, Kwanjeong Scholarship, Global PhD Fellowship are not eligible for this scholarship.
5. How to Apply
o Undergraduate : Please complete the application forms, get a signature from the academic advisor and submit the forms to the Student Welfare Service Team
o MS/PhD : Please complete the application forms, get a signature from the academic advisor and department chair and submit the forms to the Student Welfare Service Team
6. Application Period : Nov 14th (Mon) ~ Nov. 25th (Fri), 2016
7. Selection Method and Procedure
o Selection Method : Students with leadership skills will be selected by considering GPA and on/off-campus activities.
o Selection Procedure: Application Submission → Document Evaluation and Interview (if necessary) → Review → Result Announcement
8. Result Announcement: In Dec. 2016, the result will be notified individually to the selected students.
o If the selected students do not meet the academic achievement requirements in 2016 Fall semester, the scholarship will not be awarded.
o Please use the attached application form
o Inquiry : Student Welfare Service Team Won Won-Sup Shin (T.4718)
Dean of Office of Student Affairs & Policy